Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day Two: Outsiders Looking In

Write a short paragraph discussing Jellyband and Hempseed's opinions about the revolution going on in France. Do they think England should get involved? Why or why not? What are your opinions about the revolution in France? Explain your viewpoint.

16 comments:

  1. Mr. Jellyband is a fan of the revolution as Mr. Hempseed is not. Mr. Jellyband thinks that if France can succeed in the revolution, England could too. Mr. Hempseed is a lot older and wiser than Mr. Jellyband and thinks that a monarchy is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me Jellyband and Hempseed don't like the British government or the French government. They apparently know that some French citizens have wanted to murder there nobility and king. Mr. Hempseed says that the British should let them murder there king. I don't think that the British should get involved yet. I am partly glad the French Revolution happened so they could become a democracy but it's not good that they have to kill people to get there rights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jellyband and Hempseed have different points of view. When they at the Fisherman’s Rest. They are thinking that they went England to help the poor. I think helping who are in need is doing the right thing. I think that what is happening in The French Revolution is the same thing that happen to America in the Revolutionary War .When people did not have the rights as others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hempseed’s opinions were that they should let them kill each other. He also thought that it was quite odd that the lower people would revolt against the nobles. Jellybean thinks that the French revolution could turn out well. Hempseed thinks that they should not get involved because it would be dangerous. My opinions are that they should stop murdering people and get it all figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say England should get involved because if there is a man going inside to save people it is going to all get blamed on England because he is from England. Who knows if a man is saving people from France then the French might start killing most of their guards because they think there are Englishmen that are spies inside working as Frenchmen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jellyband and Hempseed feel that England shouldn’t get involved because they feel if the French want to run themselves into the ground then who are we to stop them. I think England should get involved because they technically are because of the Scarlet Pimpernel so why not take it a little further. My opinion about the revolution in France is that yeah the king and queen are bad rulers but they took it a little too far. You shouldn’t behead every aristocrat you see just because of their name, that was just way out of line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jellyband wants the revolution and Hempseed doesn't. Jellyband says if the French have a good chance of winning the revolution, then England would have as good or better chance. Hempseed says that a monarchy is a good way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don’t think England should help because then France will want war with them don’t like the way the French are handling it the way they are with killing all the people. Mr. Jellyband thought it was okay the way the French were going about it. Mr. Hempseed didn’t like the way they kept killing people.
    AustinæW╞•

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the English should not mess with the French’s problems unless it affects their county. I think the French revolution is good in some ways but killing a lot of nobles just because there nobles is pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that England should get involved in it because there is a man inside saving people and all of the people are going to get blamed on England because he is from England. How knows if he is saving people from England or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Jellyband and Mr. Hempseed share completely different thoughts. Hempseed had no objection with others killing each while Jellyband disagreed. Jellyband thinks that the French Revolution will do well. Mr. Hempseed is a lot older and smarter than Jellyband and thinks that the monarchy is better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jellyband and Hempseed have two different opinions. I think that England should help the French Nobles because they are getting executed when they didn't even do anything. They can’t help what family they were born into.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jellyband thinks the revolution is a bad thing, same with Hempseed except for Hempseed sais they should kill each other. Hempseed thinks that England should not be involved in the revolution, but Jellyband thinks they should. Hempseed thinks this because it will be unstable and kill too many people. Jellyband thinks his opinion because it might also help England. I think the revolution was cruel and England should stay out of it. I think this because the 3rd estate in England might do the same as the 3rd estate in France overthrew the nobility.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jellyband and hempseeds opinions are they both don’t like the idea of the war but they want to change governments. They do not want the English to get involved. They don’t want them to because they want to change governments and they don’t want the English getting in the way. What I think about the revolution is it is a love hate relationship and my viewpoint is that I can understand why they want to change governments but without war.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jellyband and Hempseed have different opinions. Jellyband thinks that we should do something or end the French revolution so dose Hempseed but say we should kill each other. Hempseed also said it is a bad idea to get invovle because it might be dangrous. I think they should and shouldn't. I think they should get invovle because they would help lots of people who didn't do anything expect for their anseters. I think they shouldn't because they might get killed for saving the people. I think they should work out their difference,compromise or a peace treaty instead of killing people who didn't do anything that would make the (poor people) mad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jellyband is for the nobles,and Hempseed really doesn’t care. All Hempseed cares about is himself, and his fruits. Jellyband is happy that the Scarlet Pimpernel is trying to help, and encourages him. I feel bad for the nobles, because a lot of them didn’t even do anything, but they are still getting killed. And, I think that the head chopping off thing is really gross. And it would be very nasty to see that.

    ReplyDelete