After your first night of reading, I am curious about your thoughts on the mysterious Scarlet Pimpernel. What are some of the things you learned about the man who carries out these daring rescues? What kind of a person is he? What are his morals? What are his political views? Make some educated predictions about his character and station in life.
I think that the book was all right for the first time. I did not know a lot of the words to.
ReplyDeleteI thought that whoever the Scarlet Pimpernel is he seems like he would be tricky and hard to catch. He seems like the kind of person who is bold. He also seems crazy. His job is to kill, I think. Just like what happened in Chapter 1. He killed someone, but nobody knew who the person was. I think he will probably kill more people and he would get caught someday.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a good book. I thought it was good because it is historically correct and it has the intensity I like in a book. I think the Scarlet Pimpernel is an English noble that wants to save innocent lives and it might be like a game to him. And I think he favors nobles over commoners. I think he may be an English count and I think he will be eventually be caught then escape.
ReplyDeleteFor the first night of reading I didn’t really get it. But I am starting to get it now as we are reading along.I think the Scarlet Pimpernel is very sneaky,and bold.His conscience is always telling him to help others, and to save them from danger not to kill them. Even though he killed somebody, nobody knows who that person really is but I think they will find that out someday.His station in life is to be a brave, and to be helpful to everybody.
ReplyDeleteFor me the reading last night was kind of hard because of some of the words in there I didn’t really get but it seems exciting and you don’t want to leave the book. I think Scarlet Pimpernel is an extraordinary and kind man. He helps save innocent lives. I can tell Scarlet Pimpernel seems mysterious and bold. He is kind of like a spy; the rescuer of the troop.
ReplyDeleteYesterday, I didn't get it untill... my mom told me what all the French words ment. Scarlet Pimpernel is very triky and sneaky. He likes to help people that are in deep danger so they won't get killed in the guillotine (he is risking his life for others). The French men and women call him Scarlet Pimpernel because when he sent a note it had the flower, Scarlet Pimpernel, on it. The people of France only know he is an English man helping the aristos. In life he wants to be brave and helpful to everybody; not just see people dying and leave them, that is why he is brave and helpful to others around him.
ReplyDeleteThe Scarlet Pimpernel is an okay book. It is better than I thought is would be and I think it will get better as the book goes on. I am very excited to see if Bibot and the others ever catch the Scarlet Pimpernel. I think the Scarlet Pimpernel is a very brave and mysterious man. If I were in his shoes I think I would do the same thing; or at least try and bring about peace. What he is doing is good. Not all nobles are bad. He is just trying to save innocent lives form the Guillotine.
ReplyDeleteI think that the book started a little late that is why most of my classmates didn’t get it at first and I would have the same opinion I didn’t get the book at first but instead I kind of warmed into it and got it after a while. My opinions on the scarlet pimpernel are that I think that he is one of the king’s advisers and had escaped before the trial began against the king and had came to rescue the others in danger of the commoners riot and Madame Le guillotine.
ReplyDeleteI didn’t really like the book at first. It was a little confusing but I think I will start liking it. Scarlet Pimpernel seems like a very sneaky guy. Scarlet seems like he will be a very helpful person in the future, but I don’t know, something seems weird about him to me. I like how he is letting the rich people out, because I think that they don’t deserve to get killed just because they are rich. They didn’t do anything to deserve it. I understand why they would want to hurt some of the rich people, but not all of them.
ReplyDeleteTo me I think that the Scarlet Pimpernel is a mysterious man. Obviously he is not selfish, greedy, or wanting fame because he keeps his identity anonymous. The scarlet Pimpernel comes over to me as an intelligent guy because he knows how to keep his identity secret. The scarlet Pimpernel reminds me a little bit of Robin Hood. He is saving people and rescuing them. But it’s kind of the opposite… I think. He is for the rich people instead of the needy or in this case the colonists. After reading the first chapter not much really clarified. I’m still kind of confused about the Scarlet pimpernel and who he sides with. My opinions on the book are that well it’s not exactly my favorite. It’s kind of boring and confusing. But then again I’ve only read the first chapter, and I guess I can’t really judge the book yet.
ReplyDelete-Gracie
Scarlet Pimpernel is a very mysterious man. He does a very odd job for a man like him but he is good at it. He helps the aristocrats out so they can escape so they won’t be killed. He works as if he is a magician, skilled and smart. Scarlet Pimpernel works in ways that no one can understand and by the time people try to catch him in his work, his job is done.
ReplyDeleteI think the Scarlet Pimpernel is quite the rescuer. The way he keeps his identity might make people wonder, “why would you keep your identity a secret when you could become famous for the being?”, but I think he is actually very smart for keeping his identity a secret, for if he let it out, he himself could be under the guillotine in a quarter-second. In an awkward but noble way, he’s cunning enough to get away with the escape of innocent nobles. I don’t think but know that the thought of nobles and high class souls needing to be killed is a thoughtless opinion, for the noble men, women, and children have none to do with the selfish king, for they only have succeeded in giving their families a happy living, only to soon find themselves and their loved ones under the guillotine. I think that his political views are true; that every noble shouldn’t be treated like that. He knows what right is from wrong, but one thing he doesn’t know is he’s risking his life during the escape.
ReplyDeleteI feel Scarlet Pimpernel is hard for me to understand right now. I think Scarlet Pimpernel as a hidden person, who not many people know about. He makes me wonder “how did he do that” or “how is that possible”. We will probably know more about Scarlet Pimpernel as the chapters go by. Scarlet Pimpernel is a very sneaky person. I wonder if Bibot will ever catch him. Right now it very hard to understand Scarlet Pimpernel, all we really know is he is very mysterious. There are many questions in my mind one of them being will they catch Scarlet Pimpernel. Why is Scarlet helping these people? Well, not all of the nobles were bad but 3rd estate people accused them of being bad and would make them have guillotine (taking their families with them), so Scarlet Pimpernel is trying to help them while the 3rd estate people think he is a English man (we don’t know for sure what he is). I think Scarlet Pimpernel is going to help many people.
ReplyDeleteShreeya
The Scarlet Pimpernel is very mysterious. He has everybody fooled. He is obviously a person from England. He salvages the French nobles who, if he didn’t rescue would be beheaded. The first time the Scarlet Pimpernel came he disguised himself as a captain and his soldiers were the French who were escaping. The second time he disguised himself as an old lady. Under the ladies bags were the French who were escaping. The soldier asked if she would be here tomorrow. The lady answered by saying “My grandson is sick, I think he has smallpox, but the others are saying he has the plague. The soldier made her go leave. When the soldier told Bibot, he answered b saying that was the Scarlet Pimpernel.
ReplyDeleteI think that the Scarlet Pimpernel is a person that does not want to be noticed because of the daring acts that he does perform. To me he is a very sneaky person but understandable. I think his morals are to make sure whatever is at hand must be completed.
ReplyDeleteI think that this book is a little hard because I had to read it twice and the second time when I read it I felt that I knew more about that chapter. But I kind of like t when I looked at the book I thought that it was going to be very boring, because didn’t know anything about the French revaluation but when I got to know more and more about the French revaluation I understood the book even more. The man that was doing great rescues I think that he is very thoughtful and very smart. The things that II learned from his is that you might think that it is impossible to do those rescues but if you think outside of the box you will be able to get passed those guards like Bibot. I think that his morals are that he can work on the French with their problems. I think that he is going for the rich people more than the poor people. Over all the book so far is good and one thing I should always know before I read a book is not to judge it by its cover.
ReplyDelete