What are your feelings about Mr. Brunner? He seems to want to push Percy very hard:
"Mr. Brunner expected me to be as good as everybody else, despite the fact that I had dyslexia and I had never made above a C- in my life. No- he didn't expect me to be as good. He expected me to be better."
Do you have people that challenge you in your life, or seem to hold you to what seems impossible standards at times? Why does Mr. Brunner (Chiron) push Percy so hard? Why do you think you get pushed? Explain the pros and cons to this kind of pressure, and the long term impact on you personally.
I think Mr. Brunner or Chiron is a nice guy. My parents always push me to do my best in whatever I do. I think Chiron pushes him so hard because he knows something important about Percy. I get pushed to do my best so i can do good in everything. I think that sometimes it is better not to be pushed and to just go with it.
ReplyDeleteI think Mr. Brunner does push Percy because he knows that he is special. I think Mr. Brunner expects excellence from Percy because of his father. I think my mom expects me to do well but doesn’t really push me. Most of my pressure I try to put on myself and not do well for other people.
ReplyDeleteMy mom pushes me to do my best and succeed in life. "Mr.Brunner pushes Percy to do his best in any situation. I get pushed from my mom, because in the end all that is for me. It I get pushed by my parents I feel that they really care about me.
ReplyDeleteI think Chiron pushes Percy because he is the son of Poseidon. So, he needs to learn how to defend himself against the monsters. I think My mom pushes me very hard on my grades and chores because I think she just wants the best for me, and when I’m on my own I’ll know how to cook and clean after myself.
ReplyDeleteMy feeling of Mr.Brunner is that he is trying to look out for Percy. Even though Percy may not understand that yet, when he does he will realize everything Mr.Brunner did was for his own good. Percy will be thankful in the near future when what Mr.Brunner taught him will have come in handy. The people who push me in my life are my parents. Only for me it isn’t life or death. The pros are that I will get experience for when people push me in the future, but the cons are that it makes everything ten times tougher.+ The impacts are learning a lot and knowing how to make friends.
ReplyDeleteWell Mr. B pushes Percy because he only wants him to do well. Mr. B is kinda like a father to Percy. My parents always want me to do good they push me a lot so I can achieve what I couldn’t do without them. If Mr. B didn’t push Percy he probably would have not taken this whole thing seriously.
ReplyDeleteI think Mr. Brunner is a weird kind of teacher; he seems to want Percy to do better than anyone else. This is weird because teachers are supposed to want everyone to be the best they can be, and not just one person. My dad is someone who challenges me a lot; he always wants me to do the most I can do and not just the minimum. I think Mr. Brunner pushes Percy so hard because he wants him to be ready for what is to come in the future. This is good for Percy because he is learning more each day.
ReplyDeleteI think that Mr. Brunner thinks highly of Percy. Just because he had dyslexia, doesn’t mean he shouldn’t try as hard as everybody else. In my life I get pushed by my coaches in tennis and in volleyball our coach is harsh and wants us to do better. They make us do hard drills so we can get better. Sometimes you don’t know how good u can do at something, so you get pushed by your coaches because they know what ability you have.
ReplyDelete-Carmen
I think Mr. Brunner is a cool teacher but expects a lot in Percy. I think his expectations are high because he knows something about Percy that Percy doesn’t even know. My dad expects a lot in me. He expects me to get all good grades and to be the best kid I can be. I know my dad is doing the right thing, I think Percy hasn’t noticed that Mr. Brunner is helping him for the future.
ReplyDeleteMr. Brunner likes Percy so he pushes him to be better because he wants him to be the best that he can be so he will succeed in life and not be a failure. So he could be better than the competition.
ReplyDeleteTeachers try to help and push us to get better grades, and work hard. Also, parents tell us to be kind to others, and really try to teach us our manners. It is not impossible, but sometimes it is frustrating trying to be perfect. Mr. Brunner pushes Percy hard because he is trying to prepare him for the challenges of the future. I think I get pushed because my mom and dad want me to grow up and be a good adult, and make good choices. The pros are that you are prepared for what is to come, and you make good choices for your future. The cons are that you get worked really hard, and get frustrated, but it helps your future, it helps you to have a good personality, and be obedient, kind, and respectful.
ReplyDelete~Lillian Marie Clark
I think Mr. Brunner pushes Percy so hard because he cares about him and he wants him to do successful. I think he should keep on pushing him. My mom tries to push me because she wants me to do very well in my school and in my future. My dad also wants me to do very well my pushing me and helping me when I need help.
ReplyDeleteWhat I think about Mr. Bruner is he has alot of ezpectations of percy. And he is a ok man and very nice. Mr. Brunner/ Chiron is a centaur which was very supprising to me. Even though Mr. Brunner/ Chiron is a centaur it does not change the way I think about him, he is still kind, calm, and sometimes I think mellow.
ReplyDeleteMr. Brunner/Chiron pushes Percy because he only wants the best for Percy and he knows something about Percy that Percy probably doesn't even know yet. I get pushed by my teachers and parents for almost the same reason, because they just want me to do well. Mr. Brunner expects a lot from Percy because Percy has a special talent waiting to bloom. Mr. Brunner is a very nice and laid back teacher/Centaur.
ReplyDelete~Sophie I. Shawver
Yes, my teachers push me. Mr. Brunner pushes Percy because he sees the best in him. Mr. Brunner knows that Percy can be the best he can be with a little effort. I get pushed because my teachers see that I can achieve anything with effort. The pros are that getting pushed you get better grades. Other people look up to you too. In my opinion being pushed is tiring, but leads to a greater good. This pressure is sometimes rough, but not impossible. Personally, being pushed has made a big impact on me. It is sort of a gift in ways. If you weren’t pushed you wouldn’t achieve anything. I owe to my teachers for pushing me. It leads to better decisions in life.
ReplyDelete