Friday, January 22, 2010
Day Four: Percy Discovers the Truth
Percy's situation with his father is a tricky one. He discovers after all these years that his dad is not only a god, but that he is alive and has ignored he and his mother all these years. How would you feel if you were in Percy's place? Would it be easier to believe your father was dead, or to know that he was alive and choosing to not communicate with you? Explain the pros and cons of both situations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To me it would be harder to know he was alive, because I would figure out that I would have been lied to all my life.
ReplyDeleteI would feel like crude because my dad just left my mother with no answers. I would be kind of angry with my father for all of a sudden needing my help.
ReplyDeleteIf I was in Percy’s place and figured out that my dad was really alive after the past years when I thought he was dead I would be so happy! I think I would be happy because I would have an actual father that could talk with me! I think that it would be easier if Percy’s dad was alive because his mom is dead so if his dads alive he would actually have a parent. If Percy didn’t want to communicate with Percy that would be sad because that would mean that his dad doesn’t care about him.
ReplyDeleteI think it would be hard to know your father was even a god, but it would be even harder to know that he has been not caring about you and you or your mother. So I almost think it would be easier to know that he was dead because then you wouldn’t feel forgotten. But then it would be really cool to have a god as your dad, and have “super powers” that you get when you are a son of a god. But then it would be sad to not have a father.
ReplyDeleteIn Percy’s situation, I would feel mad and proud of my father. I would definitely want to know that he is a god, even a minor one (probably not). That way I would be aware of anything around me and would be understand the situation and know the monsters want to harm you. The bad side is once you know who you are the problem is there’s denying the future. Eventually the life of others will be placed in your hands. It’s pleasing with the sense of freedom, but also holds responsibility.
ReplyDeleteIf I was in Percy's shoes I would cry because if I knew my father was ignoring me all my life I would be devastated. I would rather have my father be dead than knowing that that he is alive and basically left him alone with my mom; probably because he doesn't love me. I would hate to be in Percy's shoes because I wouldn't like feeling/knowing that my father is forgetting about me.
ReplyDeleteBy: Marisa Nicole E. Zayat
If I was in Percy’s place I would be all mixed up with emotions. I would be sad that he ignored me. Mad that he abandoned not only me but also my mother, but I would also be at least a little happy that he is alive and he claimed me. I would chose that he was alive and not choosing not to communicate with me because at least he showed some love for me and claimed me and I no longer have to think him dead. The pros would be that I know that no matter what, even if he won’t communicate I know that there is someone out there looking out for me, but the cons would be that I would still feel remorse for not knowing what it was like to have a father.
ReplyDeleteIf I was in Percy’s place I’d be really happy and excited because not only is my dad alive but he’s also a god! I’d have superpowers! If I met him it would be a really emotional time. I’d cry and stuff, because I haven’t met him yet, and like after 12 years I finally see him! I truthfully think that everyone would be really happy to meet there father and know that he’s still alive, and that he’s a GOD!
ReplyDeleteI would rather believe he was dead than know he was alive because if I knew he was alive and wasn’t communicating to me I would be very sad.
ReplyDeleteI think it would be easier to know my dad was dead but I would like to know he was alive just to know he was ok. It would be nice to know why he could not be around his family.
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs.Cusick this is Vernon we have not activated my account.the good thing is that you can live a normal life. The bad thing is you would not know who your father is. I would think that my dad would be dead.
ReplyDeleteI would feel weird because I wouldn’t want to know after all these years that my mom has said that he was dead I wouldn’t want to know that he was alive. It would be easier to know that he was dead because his mom said that he was lost at sea. I think it is good that he is still alive but bad because he has never met him and people have been lying to him all these years.
ReplyDeleteI would feel very angry towards my father for ignoring me if I were in Percy's spot. I believe that I would actually rather believe that my father is dead whether than know that my father is alive but has been ignoring me, for that would be very painful for me if that was my case. I think that if my father was dead, it would be good because at least I would know that he died loving me and looking forward to raising me. But, on the other hand, if your father was dead you would never be able to spend time with him. If my father was alive and a god, but he was ignoring my mother and I for this whole time, the good thing about it would be that you would be able to see him again. But, it would also be maddening to know that he has been ignoring you and it may lead you to believe that he doesn't love you and that he doesn't want to be around you. That is my opinion on this subject.
ReplyDeleteZoe Miller and Lit. Circle 7D.
Well I'm kind of in Percy's situation since I'm adopted and I'm not legally aloud to even see them until I'm 18. It's not really that bad but that's because I'm not a half-blood and my mom isn't dead. It's easier to know that your dad is alive and just doesn't choose to communicate with you. But the worst part is that Percy can't really do anything about it since he doesn't even know who his dad is yet. I hope Percy knows who his dad is soon.
ReplyDelete~Vaughn Craddock
Hey this is Tim I am using Jalen's because i don't have one.The situation with Percy an his dad is bad,because his father has withheld the secret that he is a god and has ignored the rest of his family.
ReplyDeleteIt would be very sad if you knew your dad was a god and alive but not talking to you. I think it would be hard to live though with you knowing your dad was dead. That would be sad. Even if your dad was alive and not communicating with you but at least you would know he was alive not dead. It is a tough decision because they are both hard choices but I would say alive.
ReplyDelete