Annabeth is the daughter of Athena, the goddess of wisdom and warfare. First, think about the stories you know about Athena, including the story of Arachne, Medusa, and the founding of Athens. How is Annabeth like her mother? Does anything about Annabeth's character strike you as unlike Athena? Explain.
Secondly, what are your personal opinions of Annabeth? Do you like her or not? Would you want or choose her as a friend if you were Percy? Why or why not?
Annabeth is like her mom because she is very wise and kind. She is unlike Athena because she doesn’t fight and won’t hurt anybody. I like Annabeth because she is nice to everybody and made Percy feel welcome. I think it is good that Percy has her as a friend because she showed him around and helped him get settled.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth is thinks likes her mother Athena. She is prudent and thinks before she does something. Yes. When Clarisse was bullying Percy, she didn’t help him, and she just sat there and watched. I like her because she tried to stop Clarisse from bullying him. If I were Percy, I would try to be her friend because she seems nice.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth is most like Athena because she thinks things ahead and uses any advantages she can get like going on a quest. She sometimes calls Percy names like seaweed brain that is like her joke or playing around with him. I like her because in the bathroom scene she could have ran or told on him, but instead she stayed there and talked to him. That to me is a true friend. If I were Percy I would have liked a friend like Annabeth.
ReplyDeleteShe has her mom’s gray cloudy eyes, and has all of her mom’s powers like wisdom. No, because nothing happened that is unlike her mom, Athena, yet. She was sort of useless when Clarice bullied Percy. No, no I don’t like her so far, but I might like later in the story. Yes, because she might be useful later in the story.
ReplyDeleteI believe that Annabeth is very much like her mother, Athena, not only because of her actions, but also her personality. Annabeth is extremely athletic and she seems to snap easily, her mother being the goddess of war. Annabeth also likes to be in control and that is expected, again, her mother is the goddess of war. Annabeth also does not like the people in the Ares cabin like Athena doesn't like Ares and would just love to get her hands on him.The one thing I would say makes Annabeth different from Athena is how Athena was Zeus’s favorite but the counselors at Camp Half-Blood just want her to leave them alone. Annabeth is just a character I have a liking to. I think Annabeth is a good person for Percy to befriend. I think she is a strong person, just like me.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth is very wise and strategic like her mother. She thinks before she does something and always takes a good amount of time to think of something. Annabeth also loves capture the flag which is a war-like game which involves strategy. She is unlike her mom because she also seems a little bit impatient and Athena is the goddess of tactics and to be tactical you have to be very patient. I think Annabeth is kind but very stubborn, if I was Percy I would choose her as a friend. Even though she is kind to everybody new at Camp Half-Blood she seems extra kind to Percy.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth is like her mother because Athena knows what to do in every situation, and Annabeth nursed Percy back to health and knew what to do. No, because Annabeth strategizes situations down into parts so then she thinks about the situation and then finds a solution. My personal opinions of Annabeth are she is smart, trustworthy, and nice. I like Annabeth she seems like a good friend and a good capture the flag player because she can strategize. If I was Percy I would keep Annabeth as a friend because she the daughter of Athena. Annabeth is smart so if I had a smart friend and a daughter of Athena I would keep her as a close friend.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth is unlike Athena by Annabeth wanting Percy to do better like Athena would not do. I think that Annabeth is a sweet, nice, and caring girl. Yes I like her, and I would want to be her friend because she would care for me.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth is like her mother because she is very wise and smart. I like Annabeth she seems really nice. If I was Percy I would definitely accept her as a friend because she doesn’t judge people and she is really helpful. But, the only bad thing about her is that she holds grudges, like when Percy accidentally sprayed her with toilet water she was mad for the rest of the day.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth is definitely like her mother because she has gray eyes and always has to take control. Annabeth has one trait that doesn’t match Athena Annabeth has blond hair and Athena has brown hair. I like Annabeth because she is kind and is athletic. I would definitely want to choose Annabeth as a friend and she is very wise and nice.
ReplyDeleteAnnabeth is like her mother because she is smart and she knows what to do. I like Annabeth because she is nice and caring. I would want her to be my friend because she is smart, wise, and she would always give me good advice.
ReplyDeleteI think Annabeth is nice,kind and smart.Annabeth sometimes can be a little angry, wich is sometimes good at times. Anabeth is alot like her mother but still has differences, like she doesn't like war. I like Annabeth she really has a clear mind in times of trouble, and in times of fun. I would really like Annabeth as a friend, she would be really strategic wich would help any time.
ReplyDeleteJacob Newlin 7th Hour
Annabeth is a lot like her mother because she is smart. I like Annabeth because she is smart and knows what she is doing. She also has a lot of experience; to help Percy on his quest. If I was Percy I would definitely choose her as a friend even though Athena and Poseidon have a rivalry.
ReplyDeleteI think Annabeth is like Athena in many ways and isn’t in others. Annabeth has gray eyes, and is stern, like her mother. She is also very intelligent and strategic, and that can be very useful. But unlike Athena and Poseidon, Annabeth and Percy are great friends. Annabeth seems to be a nice person, but can hold a grudge for quite a while. Annabeth looks like a friendly person (sometimes), and so I would have her as a friend. She could also help Percy in many ways during his stay at Half-Blood Hill.
ReplyDelete