Percy has accepted the quest, but what are your honest opinions about that decision? He states:
"My dad needs me.
Emotions rolled around inside me like bits of glass in a kaleidoscope. I did not know whether to feel resentful or grateful or happy or angry. Poseidon had ignored me for twelve years. Now he suddenly needed me."
How would you feel in Percy's same situation? Is he being used? Should he care if he is? Explain what your emotional response would be and why.
It would feel horrible to find out that your dad has not told you he has been alive all the years. He is probably being used but does not know it right now. I think he should be furious and happy that his dad is alive. He should be mad at his mom for saying he was not alive.
ReplyDeleteIf I were in Percy`s situation, I would be REALLY scared, but I would want to help my dad. I love my dad in real life and would do anything for him. I think that Percy shouldn’t be mad at his dad for not “caring” about him before. The reason I think this is because I think his dad was trying to protect him, not ignoring him. I kind of think that he is being used, but not in a bad way. What I mean by that is he is claiming him now to HELP him, but I think that Poseidon wasn’t ignoring him, just protecting him. My emotional response would probably fell like Percy`s at first, but I would think about it, and realize that he was just trying to protect him.
ReplyDeleteI think he made the right decision taking the quest. If he doesn’t make it there will be a huge war with the gods. If I was in Percy’s situation I would accept it, but I don’t know if I could complete it. I don’t think Percy is being used. I think his father needs his help.
ReplyDeleteThis is Allie L. It spells my name wrong.
I think that Percy is to fast to take a chance to get his mom. Hades could be holding her as bait and Percy could be walking right into the trap.
ReplyDeleteI would feel extremely angry that he didn’t pay attention to me for twelve years, but I would also feel happy to finally be recognized by my father (or mom). I don’t think his father is really using him that much but his dad really needs him now. I personally would probably go out into the forest and kill some monsters to get my anger out.
If I were Percy, I would be really scared because I would be the one held accountable for messing things up, but at the same time I would be ready to get out of camp and go on an adventure. I don't think Percy is being used, Poseidon is a busy guy and until now Percy has been the least of his worries. Even if he was being used, I think he should still go on the quest because I REALLY wouldn't want to become a dolphin.
ReplyDeleteI would be confident that whatever my dad would need me for it would be important. No I thing his dad is trust worthy. Yes, it is his dad we are talking about. I would be excited and frightened because Poseidon would be my father but if Poseidon could not do it how could I do that quest?
ReplyDeleteI would think I was being blamed for something I know I didn’t do! He isn’t being used because Poseidon did try to overthrow Zeus before. So when Zeus’s lightning bolt was stolen he blamed Poseidon. Then Poseidon admitted that he had a son then Zeus blamed Percy. But it is a 50%-50% chance that he could be tricked or to be true. My emotional response is that I feel sorry for Percy because no one is really telling him the full straight truth. But at the same time he is not telling the full truth either.
ReplyDeleteIf I were Percy, I would feel happy that Poseidon has chosen me to take the quest, but I would feel scared too since I haven’t seen him in twelve years. I think that maybe he is being used or maybe not for getting picked on the quest. But when he was playing capture the flag, he did a pretty good job for a beginner. I don’t really think that he should care because he just needs to do his best if he is being used or not.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn’t feel bad, if it was up to me to save the world… I wouldn’t care. Yes I think he is being used, but I think he should be willing to save the world. My emotional response would be normal, I would feel like I was being used but I wouldn’t feel bad about saving the world. If I was the only one that was able to save the world I wouldn’t feel bad.
ReplyDeleteI think that Percy shouldn’t be resentful at all towards his dad, and just accept the quest. Percy’s dad only claimed inside the camp boundaries because it is dangerous to let a half blood know who he is outside of camp. Percy’s dad Poseidon is a very busy man, being the god of the sea. There are other kids at camp who have never been claimed by their god parents. Percy’s dad needs his help and Percy should be respectful of that.
ReplyDelete- Xzavaier Adams
I think that he made the right decision talking about the quest. If he doesn't accept the quest there will be a big war between the gods. I would accept the quest because if I didn't accept I probably get killed. I think that Percy is not being used. I think that his dad need help.
ReplyDeletePercy is in a tough situation. His father, Poseidon, is struggling in a fight between him and Zeus. Poseidon needs his son to retrieve the stolen lightning bolt which Hades stole and return it to Zeus to end the quarrel between Poseidon and Zeus. I don’t think that Percy is being used because Poseidon is in a tough situation and he needs some help. Percy should care about his father even if his father ignored him for the past 12 years. I think that Percy can do this, but first, he has to have lots of guts to do this.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think that Percy made the right decision taking the quest. One he gets to go to the underworld, fight monsters, and travel across the country. Plus if he had not taken the quest there would have been a huge war between the three major gods.
ReplyDeleteI would feel mad that he ignored me this whole time and right when he needs help then he wants me. If I were Percy I would think that I was being used and I don’t know if I would be to happy to help him.
ReplyDeleteI don’t think Percy wants to help his dad but he has the feeling that he has to help him even though his father abandoned him and suddenly wants his help. If I was in Percy’s situation I would be help my dad. I think Percy is being used. He should care because he was abandoned and now Poseidon is just using him, not even thinking about Percy’s health. I would still help my dad because he would trust me and have faith in me.
ReplyDeleteI think that he should go on the quest because his dad Poseidon. If I where is this situation I would be kind of mad and angry. I bet he thinks he is being used because he has not seen his dad in 12 years and now his dad needs HIS help. I dont think he should care because it has been a very long time since he saw his father. I wouldn't care if he used me because he would of loved me very much and i would love him very much.
ReplyDeleteMatthew Lucas hr.7
If I was in Percy’s situation I would feel scared and worried. I don’t think Percy is being used because he might not have a choice he just had to do the deed. I think he would care if he was being used because his mom was just taken to the underworld and it means a lot to save her. I feel bad for Percy because for one he just found out that he was son of Poseidon and that monsters were trying to kill him, and his mom was taken to the underworld.
ReplyDelete