Tuesday, October 20, 2009

6th Hour Lit Circle: Tom Sawyer, Ch 31-Conclusion

Do you think Becky overreacted while in the cave? Explain your answer.

11 comments:

  1. I don't think Becky overreacted because she just might have been scared, or confused at the time. Also she might have been sick? But I know if this happened to me I would be scared and confused to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, Becky overreacted a little because at times, she cried, cried, and cried. She was constantly showing an attitude of sadness and the give-up-quickly kind of attitude. At the point at where Becky gives up and wants to die, that is the major overreactment in my opinion. She could have done the opposite and helped Tom find a way out. If I was Becky, I would be scared because I would be only with one other person in a 5 mile cave with only a few candles, a limited amount of food, and a criminal who committed a murder coming after my partner. I would have died trying to get out of the cave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think that Becky over reacted a little.
    I know she must have been scared but she was
    speaking as if she was going to die any minute.They had water and you can survive a week without food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Becky overreacted just a little. Because when she wanted Tom to just leave her there to die she definatley overreacted because she was going to the point of insanity where she was thinking she hade no chance of surviving, I know that if I was in Becky's position I might have been thinking and saying what she was. But, I still think she overreacted compared to how Tom was, Calm, Some what tranquil, hopeful . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Becky should not have given up the wat she did. There is no chance of geting out and if you try to get out you mite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Becky did overreact in the beginning. Not wanting to go on when she was just fine,full and everything. But when they got further in the cave and it was the very end right before Tom had found a way out. I thought she really was going to die!!! So I think it was half and half.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously don't think Becky overreacted in the cave in fact if I had been there half as long I would have gone into a fit of hysterics. Just thinking of it really freaks me out. I think her brave to be able to be in there for 2 days and still be a sane person and for that I admire her greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say yes because it wasn't brave or helpful to just sit down like a tired pouting five year old and cry and say that they are going to die! I probably would have been more helpful and energetic to be in that life or death situation because of the adrenaline fear would have gave me! She was sort of a wimp, I mean I would I expected more from a girl who grew up without indoor plumbing, computers, wiis, and even a t.v.. But seriously I think I would of held my emotions in check if I were her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I partially think that Becky over reacted in the cave. I thought that she over reacted when she told Tom to just let her lay there and die. But if I were in her shoes i would of probably EXTREMELY over reacted. Like I would of been screaming and crying. So I can't say that she really over reacted because if it where me i would of been way worse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think Becky overreacted. I think she was frightened. I would be frightened if I was trapped inside of a cave with just one person there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would have been a lot to have $1200.00 back then. You would probably have enough to start a farm, or anything you wanted! I would have spent it on things I needed but now in days, so many people have that kind of money just flying out of their pockets. So I would probably just buy cloths, shoes, a new tennis racket, or something like that.


    -Carmen

    ReplyDelete