I don’t really know how much $12,000 in the mid 1800’s would be today, but I am guessing the conversion would be about twenty times as much. I think today the total amount would probably be about $240,000 or $250,000. I do know though it was a lot of money back then!
Mrs. Cusic I couldn't find out how to edit my sentence(I looked real hard but I couldn't find it)so hear is my new edited one. I think $12,000 would be worth about $120,000 because money was worth a lot of money now and days. If I had that money I would pit it in my bank account so I can go to a good college; if I don't get a scholarship.
I think $12,000 in the 1840s was worth an expensive house or enough money to start a farm because back then it was worth a lot of money; about 150,000 dollars.
If I had $12,000 I would not know what to do with it. Maybe I would give half of it to my family to spend, and keep half for me. I would buy lots and lots of clothes, Possible even some stuff for my friends and family. I don’t really like buying things for myself, but I love buying things for my friends and family. I bet that $12,000 would be a really big amount of money, probably about 3 times more than it already is.
I think in the 1840's $12,000 was worth $250,000 because money wasn't very much back in the 1840's so now days it would probably be a lot of money.
ReplyDeleteI don’t really know how much $12,000 in the mid 1800’s would be today, but I am guessing the conversion would be about twenty times as much. I think today the total amount would probably be about $240,000 or $250,000. I do know though it was a lot of money back then!
ReplyDeleteKatie Herthel
Mrs. Cusic I couldn't find out how to edit my sentence(I looked real hard but I couldn't find it)so hear is my new edited one.
ReplyDeleteI think $12,000 would be worth about $120,000 because money was worth a lot of money now and days. If I had that money I would pit it in my bank account so I can go to a good college; if I don't get a scholarship.
I think $12,000 back than would be about $500,000 today.
ReplyDeleteI think $12,000 in the 1840s was worth an expensive house or enough money to start a farm because back then it was worth a lot of money; about 150,000 dollars.
ReplyDeleteI think $12,000 back then would be about 1 million dollars today!!!
ReplyDeleteI think $12,000 back then would be $255,000 now.
ReplyDeleteKendall Reed said...
ReplyDeleteI think $12,000 dollars in the 1840's would probably be $350,000 because money wasn't very much in the 1840's so now days it would probably be a lot.
If I had $12,000 I would not know what to do with it. Maybe I would give half of it to my family to spend, and keep half for me. I would buy lots and lots of clothes, Possible even some stuff for my friends and family. I don’t really like buying things for myself, but I love buying things for my friends and family. I bet that $12,000 would be a really big amount of money, probably about 3 times more than it already is.
ReplyDelete