"The money was counted. The sum amounted to a little over twelve thousand dollars. It was more than any one present had ever seen at one time before, though several persons were there who were worth considerably more than that in property."What would you have done with the money they found in the cave?
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
1st Hour Lit Circle: Tom Sawyer, Ch 31-Conclusion
The treasure Tom found in the cave was a significant amount of money back in the 1840's:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
With the money I would have found, I would make sure I would have enough for college. With like 5,000 dollars I would go and donate to charity. Then I would go to NYC with my mom and some friends. With the rest of the money I would put in savings.
ReplyDeleteIf I had all the money Tom and Huck had I would save most of it, but it would be nice to go to Belize. Imagine, all that money back then would be worth so much.
ReplyDeleteIf I had found the money in the cave, I would have spent it on candy, video games, movies, a phone, and I would have saved up the rest of the money for food, and other things I need, and don't want.
ReplyDeleteI would have kept $10,000 dollars for my family to use during emergency needs(college funds,house needs) and I would have used the remaining $2,000 for video games,electronics,a trip to Jordan, and other things I could buy for myself; and concluding that I surely wouldn't spend my whole share, I would donate the rest to charity.
ReplyDeleteI would give 40 percent of it to my mom to keep safe. Then save 50 percent of what is left over (for some suff in the future, like colledge, a car, trips and for fun things). Then I would give the rest to like charity, soup kitchens, the church, Salvation Army,or the orphanage.
ReplyDeleteIf I had found the money I would make sure I have enough money for any possible college I might want to go to. Then I would take a couple thousand bucks and donate it to charity. With some of the money I had left I would go to NYC with my mom and 1 or 2 friends. The Money I had left I don't know what I would do but I know I'd put some of it into savings and have good food and a nice house.
ReplyDeleteIf I found the money, I would not have told everybody about the money because some people might think to steal the money from me. I would share the money to Huck because he helped me get all the money, Aunt Polly because she was my aunt and she took care of me and some to the Widow Douglas because she took care of Huck. Then I would buy a new house, and live with Aunt Polly and Becky. Then invest in Collage. When I am all done with Collage I would buy stuff for myself and live a happy life.
ReplyDeleteIf I had twelve thousand dollars, I would first put some money in the bank. After I did that I would spend some money if there was something I wanted, needed, or if I wanted to go to a certain place. If there is nothing I want, need, or if i didn't want to go to a certain place, I would just save the rest of the money.
ReplyDeleteIf I found the money in the cave. I would have saved about half of it for college, future savings, and investments. After that I would go and by about 1,500 dollars worth of books. Then I would buy game systems and games for myself, then I would by any kind of luxury toy. Maybe if I was older, I would buy a Porshe 911 turbo or a Koenigsegg CCXR.
ReplyDeleteBut If I was smart, I would buy off Walmart. And with the money from Walmart, I would give it to the poor and to my brother, but he would probably do the same thing that I would have done. After that I would take care of my own needs.
I would keep it for my self. Then i would get a car.I would save up for a education and then i would go to a KU football game then i would by a TV for my self.
ReplyDeleteIf I found that amount of money, I would spend $200 on clothes and stuff and save the rest for college, and a house. And I would probably buy a cell phone and some other stuff, but not much.
ReplyDeleteIf I found the money, I would probably want to spend it all. But I`m smarter than that, so I would put about half into my bank account for a car and to go to college. With the rest, I would give some to charity, and I would spend it on things that I need like clothes and food!
ReplyDeleteeMmA :)
If I had the money I would have one great day and just use it all up to have a day to remember.I would have a great dinner and get any toy I wanted. Well I would also get a lot of choclate.
ReplyDeleteIf I had all the money Tom and Huck found I would take my family to Disney World in Orlando, Florida for five nights and four days. Then if their is any more money I would give fifty percent to my family. Then I would give the other fifty percent to charity.
ReplyDeleteIf I had found the money, I would keep part of it for my college funds and family. The money left I would give it to people in need. Then I could make my family and people in need happy.
ReplyDeleteIf I found that amount of money, I would spend $200 on clothes and stuff and save the rest for college and a house. And I would probably buy a cell phone and some other stuff, but not much.
ReplyDeleteI would give the money to charity or buy stuff that I need like food, clothes and shelter or spend it on school
ReplyDeletelily said...
ReplyDeleteIf I had the money Tom and Huck had I would, I would first cut the money in fourths. With the first fourth I would give to charity. the second fourth I would put in the bank. The third fourth I would go shopping with, and the last of the money would go in my wallet.