Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Impressions: Hatchet

After your first reading assignment, what are your feelings about our novel. If you haven't already read it, what are your predictions about the story? Do you like or dislike the plot? What are your first impressions about Brian? Can you relate to him in any way? Tell us your thoughts!

24 comments:

  1. Hatchet is awesome book so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the novel will be great thing to read. I think the hatchet will save Brians life in the future. I like the plot. I think Brian doennst have many friends and is lonely. I cannot relate Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Hatchet is good so far but it's probably going to get better as we go along. I feel bad for Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought it was good chapter. i felt that this chapter was cool when he got to fly the plane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the book Hatchet looks like a very good book. It seems more exciting than I thought. I think we will have a lot of fun reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hatchet and it will be a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think that this is going to be a very good book! i am anxious to find out what is going to happen since the pilot died (or if he`s in a coma will he ever come back to life). i think that Brian will eventually find his dad but i am very nervous for him.

    Emma Schmaltz :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the first chapter was sad, because Brians parents are divorced, the pilot of the plane has had a heart attack, Brian is an unexperianced pilot and can't really fly a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i thought this chapter was exciting thrilling and had some emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hatchet is a great book so far. Last night the book had lots of details and good explanations. I think it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first impression of hatchet is that it will be a very adventurous book. I don't know how Brian is going to survive. He might be able to fly the plane though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought the chapter was very exciting. I felt sad when the pilot had a heart attack, and I felt excited when Brian got to fly the plane. I would love to learn how to fly a plane.

    Kendall R.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hatchet will be a great book. It has a lot of adventure so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very excited for the book Hatchet. I think that Brian will someday find his dad. I like the pilot. I think that Brian is mad at his parents. I can relate to him because my parents are divorced too. I know how he feels being sad.

    Allie Brown

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I'm going to love Hatchet because I've read My Side of the Mountain. I think he'll be rescued but he wont find his dad. I think the plot is really good. I think Brian Is a good kid but I think the divorce of his parents has bean hard for him though.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that it was cool and exciting how the pilot let Brian flight the plane for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brian is a boy whose parents have been divorced for about a month. He hates judges and lawyers because of divorce. When he finds himself in a single engine plane in the co-pilot's seat by a pilot who is suffering a heart attack, he finds himself in a HUGE amount of trouble. I think this is going to be a FANTASTIC book about surviving in the wild and adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book is a great book to start out the year. This book is very descriptive and thrilling. I feel like I am going to enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So far Hatchet is a great book. Even though it's a great book it's sad when the pilot has a heart attack and dies while flying. The more I get into the book the more the more action there is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like Hatchet. I've Hatchet before and i really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Hatchet. I is great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Hatchet. It is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoy reading Hatchet. I've read it before and I still like to reread it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My first impresion of Hatchet was that it was going to be interesting because on the back it says ALONE and i ended up enjoying the book.
    Ian

    ReplyDelete