Monday, February 23, 2009

7th Hour's Question:

What do you think the Gods are like physically? How tall are they? If you touched their arm would they feel human or like stone? Or would your hand just pass through them? Can they be injured? If so, do they bleed? How do they heal? Discuss the physical attributes of the Olympians based upon the novel and other stories you know about their physical features.

7 comments:

  1. I think the gods are probably huge as in tall, but they probably can’t get hurt. Although none of us have actually seen a god, I think that they are very powerful. Though they are mythological, we know really what is god is capable of. I think that when Hades touches his skin, it is probably cold and brittle. When Athena or Aphrodite touches their skin it is probably silky and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the gods would be how Percy stated, tall and powerful. But I believe that they mostly take the form of what a normal human looks like- but of course some of the physical traits would be different. I think that they may be able to bleed, but them again they are immortal so does that mean that they can’t be harmed? I am not really sure but I believe that they are like humans-only stretched. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Gods are ten feet tall but can also take on any size. I think when the Gods bleed they bleed golden stuff instead of blood. I think the Gods can also shape shift into a animal or human.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Gods can be larger than ten feet tall, because in my mind, Gods are rather large. I think the humans change what they see to something that they want to see according to their beliefs, not like the Gods are seen on Mt. Olympus! I think there skin would feel like human skin because many humans don’t want to believe what they don’t want to see! Their skin could be anything, we just don’t see it the way that it really is. I think they can be injured, but they don’t bleed, something else comes out! I think they can be injured, but it isn’t always permanent, depending on how big the injury was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think gods would be HUGE. So big that when they are in full god form, their foot would be the size of a house- a REALLY, REALLY REALLY, big house. I also think they would be very bright; too bright for a human to look at them without dying, or something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It depends. The gods can take the shape of any animal or object. They could be a rubber back if they wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the gods are really big, because they are more powerful than humans. When you touch them, I think they are going to feel really hard, just like a rock. I doubt that you can pass through them, because they are filled with power. They do bleed but it heels in seconds.

    ReplyDelete