Monday, February 23, 2009

Student Showcase: Aren't we AMAZING Thinkers?!

This is an example of a Watership Down Part II Think-Aloud by Richard, Laura, Maddie R-T, and Trent E. In this assignment, students are asked to choose three scenes from a specific section of the novel to represent using images, music and narration. First, images are selected to represent the scene either literally or metaphorically. Then, the students write narrations (the facts about the scene) and thinks (their thoughts about and connections to the scenes) and record them orally on the computer. The last step is selecting the appropriate music to fit the mood of the images/story. Tell us how you like it... COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! :)

6 comments:

  1. Guys! This is a fantastic Think Aloud. You really used the idea of economy when sharing your ideas. They weren't too long, but extremely effective and to the point. Excellent example for our first Student Showcase! WAY TO GOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tb1: Cool video, very cool! I think I learned a lot from it. Thanks for the ideas, and good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the Best Movie Ever! It was very creative and cool. Thank you Trent, Laura, Richard, and Maddie for giving this amazing movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this video- but the blood in the beginning is just a-tad creepy.
    But the video was really nice and refreshed my memory about everything that had happened in our last book:)
    (I am forgetful!)
    P.S. I like the music :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Guys thats really good. I was a little freaked out about the blood and stuff but it was really cool. How did you do that? Hey I was curious, at the end of Richard's part with the cat his voice deepened all of the sudden was that a mistake or is it just my speakers. Your guys video is really good. Great Job. You guys also speak really clearly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creepy. Very creepy. But, in a good way! I loved the music, it really set the mood to what you were talking about. Like, when Trent talked, it really made chills go up your spin, and when Maddie talked you got the feel of adventure. GOOD JOB! : ]

    ReplyDelete