Friday, February 6, 2009

2nd Hour's Question:

In the story, Percy finds out he has a father that he never knew. Have you ever found out you didn't know someone who was actually related to you? What was your response? How did it make you feel?

8 comments:

  1. I have a VERY big family, when I meet someone in my family that I don’t know it feels awkward. They ask if I remember then and OF COURSE I DON’T! I think I get how Percy feels

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I discovered that the 11th president of the United States, James K. Polk, was my great, great, great, great, great, great uncle, I was very surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a VERY big family,when I meet someone in my family that I do not know it feels awkward. They ask if I remember them and OF COURSE I DONT I think I get how Percy feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I discovered that I was related to Robert E. Lee, I was really surprised because he was the leader of the Confederate Army during the Civil War! I was so shocked when I found out because I’m related to a very well known person and I thought that was pretty cool! This made me feel kind of awkward because it is pretty unusual to be related to a person that you see in your History book! But then again, I don’t feel as weird as Percy probably does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I have a half brother I never knew about; yea creepy right. I still don’t know who he is I just know he exists!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cousin came in town this weekend, his name is Drew. I have never met him before and it was really weird because everyone else knew him; he is really cool though. I felt like Percy a little, but my experience was not as big as his.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found out that when my step dad got married to my mom, I had new stepbrothers, who are all 30+ age. They all have children, and they are my step nephews, and now I am a step uncle. It makes me feel old! My step brother has another step brother, so I have a step step brother…. Which makes me feel really really old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I know exactly what you mean, my mom's side of the family is huge, and to add on to that, none of them live in Wichita! Because of that there are a bunch of cousins I don't even know. One time when my cousin was getting married, One of my cousins I DIDN'T KNOW showed up and yelled "Oh James I haven't seen you in so long, come give me a hug!" I didn't remember her so I played along and faked that I knew her. So, ya I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete