Friday, March 12, 2010

Day Four: Relationship

After reviewing last night's highlighting you did for purpose, write a paragraph discussing Marguerite and Sir Percy's relationship. Rate it on a scale of 1-10 (1 being they hate each other, 10 being they are madly, passionately in love). What from the story supports your answer? Make a prediction about the long term success of the relationship.

21 comments:

  1. I give their relationship a 10 because she never hurts him and he never puts her down. I think there relationship has been going so well because he is a caring man, handsome, and is really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marguerite and Sir Percy have a pretty bad relationship. Marguerite is the wisest woman ever and Sir Percy is the dumbest but he is also very rich. I would rate them a 3 on the scale. I think Marguerite will break up with him despite of his money. It Marguerite was really smart she would leave him.

    My name is Allie l. I just can't figure out how to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Percy was close to the village fool, Marguerite was the smartest woman in France, and no one knows or knew why they got together and got married. Their relationship on a scale of 1-10, is an 8, because it doesn’t say that they hated each other, said that they were madly, passionately in love, and they probably married for power. I think that their marriage will keep on going on, and probably will go on until they are dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir Percy and Marguerite relationship is that they are married. They got married without telling any warning to her friends and family. Marguerite was a very smart girl but she also had a sense of humor. Marguerite used to go to Comedie Française but Sir Percy took her away. You can tell Marguerite loves Sir Percy because Lord Tony said that the Parisians should hate Sir Percy for keeping her from Comedie Française but Marguerite said nobody could hate Sir Percy. I think from 1. – 10 there relationship is a 9 because they are very much in love and they look at the good things in each other. I think they will be together for a long time because they are very happy and they don’t fight. - Allie B. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir Percy and Marguerite is a good couple to a certain point. Marguerite's friends don't understand why the got married. Sir Percy is the wealthiest man in England, but he is very dumb. Marguerite is the wisest. They are madly passionately in love. But the have a problem with communication. So I give there relationship a 7.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my guess on the love scale is probably a 8 and growing. my guess is that they will fall in love and get married.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I give the relationship a 9 because they don't talk to each other much. My prediction for the long term relationship will be good maybe but it is uncertain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Their relationship is not really real… It seems as though she married him only for the sake of a better life. It seemed really uh non-intelligent of Sir Percy to marry a wife 1000 times smarter than him. The fact that Marguerite is republican can cause lots of trouble. I think their relationship is a 6. They are not madly, passionately in love. The only link they have together is fashion. Percy’s non-intelligent and Marguerite is brilliant. Their relationship is going to be a bad one eventually. The long term success of the relationship is going to be very very poor… :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sir Percy is a dummy. He believes that Marguerite is madly in love with him. Marguerite is really clever and she is using Sir Percy. Marguerite is using him for his money and for his fame. On a scale of 1-10 I’d put it at a 5 because Sir Percy is madly in love and proud of his wife but Marguerite is just using him as a play thing for jokes. The one thing they have in common is their love for fashion so I’ll bring that up to a 6.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sir Percy and Marguerite are a fairly good couple
    at most times, Since Sir Percy is really stupid and Marguerite is thinks things through. That just gives you a reason that they should not be a couple, but besides for that they would be a good couple. The things that support there relationship are they are madly in love and they see each other quite a bit. So on a scale from one to ten I would rate them a eight to nine. P.S. they are probably going to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think there relationship is going good and I give it a 91/2 I think they are really in love and that it will go long term I think it will go on until the very last chapter in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the Marguerite and Sir Percy have a fairly good relationship. In the story, Sir Percy and Marguerite always go together and are always helping each other. Both of them seem to like Lord Anthony Dewhurst. Mostly, they have the same qualities so they seem like a good couple. I would rate them 7 of a scale of 1-10 with 1 being they hate each other and 10 being they love each other like crazy. I think that they will get married or be long time friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sir Percy and Marguerite are not a good couple at all, because Sir Percy is real stupid while he is married to one of the smartest girls in all of England.So I think on a scale to 1-10 I give it a 1.Why did Marguerite even marry Sir Percy when he is real stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A 8 because she likes here husbanded to do a tender embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would give their relationship an 8, in that they love each other, but Marguerite is smart and Sir Percy is, well...not. But they are in love and I think that's all that matters. If they are happy with each other, they will be happy forever and with each other for a long time, and that, of course, is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that Marguerite and Sir Percy must love each other or else they wouldn’t have been married. I would rate their relationship an 8 because they’re not madly in love but they are still in love. Part of the story when she talked about how she loved him was when she said that she didn’t Mary him because of his wealth but she married him because she loved him. I bet they will break up in the future because one is English and one is French, and famous people always end up getting a divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well Marguerite is a French woman who is married to Sir Percy Blackney. She is very smart and beautiful. Sir Percy is very rich and not so bright and she is really bright. I think that their relationship is a 3 because I think she is using him to get his money because she is very smart and since he is [dull] she tricked him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would give the relationship a 9.9 because they both like each other like a ton. She sometimes it seems as though she is a little embarrassed of Sir Percy, because people say that he is the "demmed stupidest man in England" While she is the "cleverest woman in England."

    ReplyDelete
  20. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it a something from somewhere around a 7. They got married and they sometimes don’t like each other. The problem is that they most likely stay together much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. On a scale of 1- 10, I would rate their relationship as a 6.5. I would rate it a 6.5 because it definitely looks like this there is a disagreement and annoyance in the air between Marguerite and Percy. What really made me think otherwise is the passage when Marguerite left the room in annoyance of Percy, but then he looks at her with loving eyes and passion. So this means that he does love her and he is hiding it for some reason. The long term relationship is very vague to me at this moment, but I do think they will stay together. I think that if they spend more time together and if Percy shows his love then I think they will grow to love each other. They are a major work in progress, but I think there is still hope.

    ReplyDelete