I started to go for my pen.
"I wouldn't," Luke cutioned. "Pit scorpions can jump up to fifteen feet. It's stinger can pierce right through your clothes. You'll be dead in sixty seconds."
"Luke, what--"
Then it hit me.
"You will be betrayed by one who calls you a friend..."
"You," I said
He stood calmly and brushed off his jeans.
-The Lightning Thief, pg 365
What do you think Luke's true motivation was for betraying Percy? Describe the character traits he posesses or the experiences he has had which would cause him to betray a friend.
I think that Luke wanted to betray Percy because his dad sent him on a quest that wasn't hard and he knew that Kronos could make him more known and more powerfull!
ReplyDeleteI think Luke betrayed Percy because he was jealous, he also failed a mission and Percy didn’t. Also Luke wanted revenge so he could overthrow the camp. I think Luke will be a big villain for all the next books.
ReplyDeleteI think Luke was just brainwashed by Cronus. Like “Don’t Drink the Koolaid”. They were all brainwashed by Mr. Crazy preacher guy. Just like Luke was brainwashed by Cronus. If Luke wasn’t brainwashed he might make a good friend. Who knows he is brainwashed and that is it. There is nothing you or I can do about it. That is just what I think. By the way this is Kara P. not Kara M.
ReplyDeleteI think that Luke betrayed Percy because Kronos was probably getting Luke to kill Percy by bribing him with great power or something else Luke might have wanted. Luke was also doing it because he was under Kronos and he wanted to defeat the Olympian gods and Percy was Poseidon's son; therefore, Kronos wanted to weaken Poseidon by taking away his son that was standing by his side to defeat him if he rose out of Tartarus.
ReplyDeleteI think Cronus might of offered a phony reward to Luke for helping him. I think that Luke is being betrayed by Cronus.
ReplyDeleteLuke’s motivation was Cronus getting into Luke’s dreams like he did to Ares. Some of the experiences Luke has had which caused him to betray a friend was; that Hermes had a bunch of children and really didn’t have time to pay much attention to Luke. Luke probably got jealous when he found out that Percy kept getting lots of attention from his father (Poseidon). This means he probably started to listen to Cronus due to jealousy.
ReplyDeleteLuke is motivated to kill Percy because he is jealous. He has been to Camp Half Blood for his whole life, and used to be the best sword fighter until Percy came. Percy is also coming increasingly popular and that also makes Luke jealous. Cronus somehow found out that Luke was jealous and persuaded him in his dreams to kill Percy for him.
ReplyDelete