Friday, February 6, 2009

7th Hour's Question:

"It is determined," Chiron announced.
All around me, campers started kneeling, even the Ares cabin, though they didn't look happy about it.
"My father?" I asked, completely bewildered.
"Poseidon," said Chiron. "Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God."
-The Lightning Thief, pg 126


Based upon this passage and the knowledge you have about Poseidon, predict some other powers or skills Percy might use in completing the quest he has undertaken. What challenges might he meet, and how will he conquer them?

14 comments:

  1. I think that some of his powers would all relate to Poseidon; for example, Poseidon’s chariot is pulled by horses, and he can talk to horses (or anything related); not only that, but, he can do the impossible underwater; such as, start a fire or breathe. And that is so cool! Plus, he could save his life, like in the Mississippi; he was alive after jumping from the Arch. And that is 99% impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He might use his power of being able to breathe underwater, or he might use water to heal himself if he gets hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that Percy will find more powers as he has throughout the book, and more powers for the water. But I doubt that he will find any more great and strong powers for the water because I can not think of any other powers that could be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that he would be able to breathe underwater, and have wonderful swimming powers. And, since he’s father created horses, I think he will be able to talk to them; like the zebra did in the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Percy will probably find new powers throughout the ne next books. He’ll probably get a horse or a Pegasus to fight for him. I bet he will fight another god like Dionysus. He might even fight a titan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it’s going to be harder than he thinks! He will come up to many obstacle he will have to face. And I’m thinking he will walk into a trap, but use his brain to get out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that Percy will be able to make some mini earthquakes. He will also be able to breathe underwater, because his dad is the god of the ocean. He will also be able to fight better in the water, than on land. I think that he will also meet some monsters trying to kill him. I think in the end, he will be able to kill them with his sword, Riptide, or with his “water powers”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if Percy gets hurt it will be really helpful for him to get in water, if it is available. I was thinking, if Percy has powers with water; is he going to have weakness with fire?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that Percy will use the water to heal himself, and that he will use the pearls to help him if he needs to, which most likely will be in the Underworld. I also think he might use his earthquake power to help him escape from Hades, the Furies, and the other evil creatures in the Underworld too. I'm pretty sure that those dreams that he has been having will turn out to be a problem in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Talah. I don’t know what other powers Percy will get- beside the same ones as his dad, Poseidon. I do think however, that Percy will at some point and time, master the sea. How cool would that be, to have the waves at your command?!? He might also control earthquakes, or talk to sea animals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well since I accidently posted my comment on Emily’s blog I am going to say practically the same thing. I think that Percy might use the water to his advantage, and he might be able to talk to horses and he might be able to talk to horses and he might even be able to make an earthquake or two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that Percy will use his power of healing himself well. He will finish his quest I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Poseidon will use water to protect and heal him and other. Poseidon’s father is the ruler of water, so I think the water will be used in many good ways. In the book I think the Poseidon will find only one more power

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that he might use water the his advantage. I also think that he might be able to talk to horses. Maybe he can even make an earthquakes.

    ReplyDelete