Monday, February 23, 2009

2nd Hour's Question:

If you were a demi-god like Percy, which Olympian would you want to be your parent? Why? Describe the gifts you would have, why you need them, and what you would do with them!

25 comments:

  1. I would like to be related to Zeus; he is the king of all of the gods. He is also the king of the sky. No more airplanes for you. I could also use my lightning bolts to fry you. Last but not least, no girl could resist me; twenty girls asking me to the prom. Ha, ha, ha, just kidding. Anyway, Zeus is the best; no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would want Poseidon to be my parent because I love to swim, and being able to breathe underwater would be awesome. I would also be able to stay dry while I was in the water, so I wouldn't have to dry my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would want Zeus, because he is the king, and he also can do whatever he wants (most of the time). For my Powers, I would want to be very strong a good ruler, and very smart. I would become the ruler of a country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were a demi-god I would want my parent to be Poseidon. I picked him because he is powerful, and you could step into the water and all your cuts and wounds would heel. If I got a gift I would want it to be a soared like Percy has. If I got sent on a quest I would need it to fight monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were a demi-god, I would have to be the daughter of Athena, because, she is definitely very smart, smarter than her own dad; not only that, but she could use her wisdom and combine it with the fact that she’s goddess of war (for a good cause). And because she’s the goddess of olives, I would like olives so one more food I would like. Plus, she is really talented at weaving, so that would be pretty cool. And since she is the favorite daughter of Zeus, she has some power. And she is the daughter of the goddess of prudence. And because Nike is her constant companion, she would always be on my side. In conclusion, there is a lot to Athena that people might like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were a demi-god like Percy, I would want Apollo to be my parent. Why? I love music and I like the Sun. Apollo is the god of music and the god of the Sun. Plus, my last name is Sun! I would have a lyre, a laurel wreath on my head, and a bow and arrows. If people were beating me up, Apollo could defend me by shooting them with his arrows of pain. Apollo and I could play our music on our lyres on Mount Olympus and Apollo could take me in a ride in his chariot. In Camp Half-Blood, the Apollo kids would get along with me and we could have lots of fun in camp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would want Zeus, because he is the king, and he also can do what ever he wants (most of the time). For my powers, I would want to be very strong, a good ruler, and very smart. I would become a ruler of a country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I was a god's son, then I would want to be hades son. Then if somebody like the furies or any other monster, or army of monsters attacked me then I would be able to summon up a whole bunch of skeleton soldiers.Not only that, but I would be able to scare them away half of the time. But I think I might be able to do that already; But im not shure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that’s an easy question. Persephone! Yes, I know, she doesn’t have any super powers or anything, but she is still pretty cool. I think it would be unique if she was my Mom, because there is no one quite like her. I just love the story of the pomegranate seeds, and in the entire Greek Mythology, no one does something like that. I’m not sure if I would have any powers or anything, like Percy can move water, but maybe I could melt snow or make flowers pop out of the ground since, of course, Persephone is the Goddess of Springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Olympian das would be Hephaestus because he builds a lot of stuff and I like to build. I would get weapons when I needed them for sword fighting and build things such as, chariots and weapons to be used in the races.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I were a Demi god like percy, I would want to be Hades. Hades is just amazing; he can summon skelitons back to life, and kill people with them; I also bet that all the girls would like because I am Hades well just the underworld girls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would want to be the daughter of Athena because she is the goddess of wisdom, war, and weaving. I would want to be wise because wisdom is the key to making the right decisions in life and I think that is important. I also think it would be pretty cool to be good at weaving. The bad part about being Athena’s daughter is that arachnids don’t like Athena or her kin… that means SPIDERS wouldn’t like me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that I would want to be related to Hermes. I want to be related to Hermes because he can fly, and run fast. The gifts I would want from Hermes are to run really fast, and his winged shoes that make him fly. I would use them to make history, and so I could be in the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I could have a god or goddess as my parent, I would want to have Athena. She is wise and good, and she is very practical, just like her mom, Metis. I would want to be wise, just like Athena. I would like to have Nike, the goddess of victory, as my companion. It would also be useful to be good at weaving, and I would be able to also help others during conflict. I would use my gifts to help others and myself on daily matters, but I would not harm anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I were a demi-god, I would want my parents to be Poseidon. I would like to be the son of Poseidon because, he is the god of the sea, and I really like to go swimming. I would also like it because, my dad would be one of the Big Three, and so people would respect me more. I think that I would have the gift of breathing underwater, and be able to control water. I will also be able to bed stronger with water around, or on me. I think I will also be able to talk to all of the horse species, because my dad created them. Hopefully I will be able to start mini earthquakes, or hurricanes. These powers will be important because if I get stuck underwater I will be able to survive. I could also hide from people underwater. Then, if I get in trouble, I could fight them using the water, and be stronger at the same time. Also, if I need help with anything, I will have horses on my side. It would also be helpful to start earthquakes or hurricanes if I get stuck fighting monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I was a Half Blood I would want my parent to be Poseidon. I like to swim because so I could swim very fast and I could do other things as well. Controlling water would awesome because I could shoot water at people that annoy me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I were a demi-god I would want my parent to be Poseidon, because I would have to live at Camp Half-Blood or a place like it. I would have the gift to breathe underwater and come out dry and I could have the power to go in water and heal incase I injured myself or someone injured me. I would need them to relive headaches and injuries. I would use the powers so go hunting and hide under the water so that when the game I was hunting would come up to get a drink I would pop up. I would also use the powers to jump from high buildings and land in lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like Artemis to be my Olympian god mother; I think she would teach me a lot about hunting and camping. I would value this because I would have a lot of fun and learn about the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I could be a demi-god, I would be the daughter of Poseidon!!!
    Well if I was the daughter of Poseidon I could breathe underwater, talk to horses and maybe even make a hurricane or an earthquake. If I could breathe underwater I could beat the world record of how long you can stay underwater without breathing!!! And I could talk to horses to make them go faster and such!! Well let’s just say it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would belong to Poseidon; the gift he would give me would be shooting water out of my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I were a demi-god, I would be the daughter of Poseidon. I think it would be really cool to be the daughter of him because you could breathe under water and talk to horses. If I was being attacked (for some odd reason) and I was by water, I would jump in the water and escape!

    ReplyDelete
  22. If i were a demi-god, i would to be the son of Hades because then you could bring people back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I were a demi god, I’d probably want Ares to be my god parent. It’s because he wouldn’t play tricks on me; and the Ares cabin would be on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If I were a demi-god, I would want to be the daughter of Athena. I would want to be the daughter of Athena because she is wise and fights for justice. I could be a talented weaver. I couldn’t use the gift of weaving for fighting, but it would be very cool to have that gift. I could have the gift of wisdom and trick the enemy. I could be smart and think of plans to defeat the enemy. I could be strong on the battlefield since Athena is the god of war. I would be able to fight the enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. If I were a demi-god I would want my parent to be Hades, Why, well if I were the son of Hades I would be a shoo-in to the fields of Elysium; so I wouldn't have to sit around doing nothing in the fields of Asphodel forever, or maybe even being tortured for eternity in the fields of punishment! I would also be the son of one of the big three; so I would be respected. I would also be extremely rich because I would be the son of the richest god. That is why I would want to be the son of Hades.

    ReplyDelete